Loading images from another site...

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:03 21 Apr 03

I need to load some images into my forum. Trouble is that I dont have the facilities availiable on the forum server to browse my hard disc, and can only load from the web. If I used a hidden page on my web site to upload the images to, from my hard disc, could I then copy them from my site to my forum, which is on another server? Or would this cause some sort of conflict? I dont really want to try this theory out, in case I muck something up. Would it work?
Cheers, Whiz...

tbh72 02:28 21 Apr 03
  barryoneoff.co.uk 02:30 21 Apr 03

Didn't work. All I got was the image space with the red "X" in it. I placed the picture on a hidden page on my site. In my forum I entered the image code as mysiteURL/pagename/imagename.gif, no luck. This method works when I copy and paste the URL from a free avatar site, but I want my own image from my H/D. Any ideas?

barryoneoff.co.uk 02:32 21 Apr 03

my post should have been in front of yours. Will try your links now. Cheers

barryoneoff.co.uk 02:35 21 Apr 03

Thats the site I am using. I cant make out why it will get images from other sites but not mine.

tbh72 02:39 21 Apr 03

Ensure that you type the URL correctly, eg use capitals where necessary......

Failing that if you want to borrow my space until you resolve the problem just email the images & I'll upload them to my server & send you the URL.

barryoneoff.co.uk 02:48 21 Apr 03

but it must be me. I just entered the url for that page in the address bar and came op with a 404 error. The rest of the site works ok. Maybe its because I have no other HTML or links to that page, just a single gif. Think I'll sleep on it. Thanks again, Whiz...

bigdamouk 03:57 21 Apr 03

just a thought, but instead of putting them on a hidden webpage, create a new folder in your space, along side your site pages, call it something like 'images' then upload your piccys into that, then when you want to display them on your forum the URL would be click here . barryoneoff. co.uk/images/picture1.gif , it works for me!

obviously ive put a few spaces in the address so I don't get a link.

bigdamouk 03:59 21 Apr 03

doh got it any way.......this it should look like this:

http :// www. barryoneoff. co.uk/images/picture1.gif

barryoneoff.co.uk 10:09 21 Apr 03

but to stop the 404 it has to go like this mysite/html/page/gifname.gif For some reason it doesn't work from my site to my forum.

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:44 21 Apr 03

In case anyone else using NetObjectsFusion has the same trouble, it's quite simple. All the image files are stored as assets, so the code goes: mysite/assets/pagename/gifname.gif
Simple case of missing out the "assets" in the path. Still, you learn by stupid mistakes (I do that most of the time!).
Thanks for your response anyway. Cheers, Whizz...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…