Loading DOS for WIN 3.11

Ex plorer 19:06 01 May 06

Hi I have done this many times in the past but me brains gone dead.
I am just about to load WIN 3.11 onto DOS 6.0
I have just formatted an old drive using Win98.
What do I do next. I havent set any Partition Fat 16 or 32.
I have totaly forgotten.

terryf 19:08 01 May 06

Try a google with'Loading DOS for WIN 3.11'

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:30 01 May 06

have a look here click here

How many old computers do you have now?

greenlamp 20:51 01 May 06

If you have formatted the drive using dos 6.0 it will be Fat16, all you have to do after loading dos [if I remember correctly] is to boot to the dos prompt insert the first win 3.1 setup disk, change the drive to address your floppydrive [usually a:/] and then type set up [followed by enter. You will then be led through setup from on screen instructions. You will of course needto install the correct drivers for your sound card, video card cd drive etc.

BRYNIT 22:03 01 May 06

If you have not already done so you need to install Dos click here. Put disk one in A drive and boot computer. Follow instructions.

If you have problems installing Dos you may have to reformat using the Dos disk.

Now that you have Dos installed and you are at C:\> put Windows 1 disk into the A drive. And use the following command to change to drive A:

C:\>A: <ENTER>

Then use the following command to run setup:

Follow information.

Surprising how many old installation books one keeps.

woodchip 22:05 01 May 06

Fat 16

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…