LoadApp fail

lightfeet 23:18 09 Jun 06

This afternoon a problem with accessing my CD/DVD writer was solved in under 2 hours by members of this Forum. I am hoping this next irritation will be solved just as quickly!
On Start Up, I receive “LoadApp fail” notice. This has been happening for the past few months but since this is merely an irritation I have lived with it. Using Advanced Uninstaller I have tried disabling all programms except Task Tray but it still occurred. What should be looked at next please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:36 09 Jun 06

LoadApp fail usually due to a device driver not loading properly have a look in device manager for and items with yellow exclamation mark, rick click and select properties for an error code if you find any.

lightfeet 23:55 09 Jun 06

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, nothing found in Device Manager. It shows everything working OK

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:06 10 Jun 06

check start up programs by looking in startup folder and by
Start - run type msconfig
look under startup tab

lightfeet 01:00 10 Jun 06

Have now isolated it to CTL Task that appears to be causing the problem. Can you suggest what the next step should be?
Am off to bed now - will carry on in the morning

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:20 10 Jun 06

ctltask - ctltask.exe - Process Information

Process File: ctltask or ctltask.exe
Process Name: Creative SB Audigy Taskbar

Description:
CTLTask.exe is a process installed alongside SB Audigy and provides support to this configuration utility. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Uninstall and reinstall your Sound blaster Audigy drivers

lightfeet 23:10 11 Jun 06

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, have done as you suggested which has solved the problem. Once again, many thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…