//some 3rd party need geo

Load OEM Photoshop onto new PC without serial No

Trikie 21:06 31 Oct 05

Now defunct PC came with Photoshop Elements loaded. I have the installation CD but can't put it on the replacement PC as I don't know the serial number. Is there a way round this?

farnz 21:08 31 Oct 05

If you browse the cd contents it should list the serial number in there somewhere.

Trikie 21:32 31 Oct 05

Thanks Farnz. I've looked at every file that I can open on the installation CD but the only reference I can find is to "the serial number on the inside cover of the CD holder". However, it came in a totally clear holder.

The old PC was early 2002 vintage so this version of Elements must be the same era. Are there any free downloads available anywhere now? I only want to do very basic work so don't necessarily need the latest version.

I would prefer Photoshop to any of the other photo manipulation programmes.

woodchip 21:35 31 Oct 05

To find Key open the Program then look in Help file at the top it should tell you Version and Key

Trikie 21:40 31 Oct 05

woodchip, I can't complete the installation - it stops at the "enter serial number" screen so I can't get as far as the Help filke.

woodchip 21:52 31 Oct 05

You can only get it if you have the old computer with Program loaded. If it's Gone it's Gone

Trikie 22:10 31 Oct 05

Thats it then - its gone. Only hope now is for a freebie download if possible.

Thanks for the advice - at least I know the situation.

timothyt 22:15 31 Oct 05

these types of serial numbers are usually written in tiny print on the cd itself......

Trikie 23:02 31 Oct 05

Fellsider - thanks for your problem solving e-mail.

PaulB2005 23:26 31 Oct 05

Care to share?

Fellsider 11:16 03 Nov 05

I had an unused, and never been used, copy of P.E. which came with some hardware I bought.

I passed Trikie the serial number and it got his running.

I know, I know, there are some purists out there who will say you shouldn't do that. I could just as easily have asked him for his address and sent him the CD too - which would have been quite OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…