Load Error

ashes 19:44 14 Dec 07

After formating a PC World PC for a friend and restoring the OS Win XP from the disks supplied (restore disks as opposed to the prefered OS disks, all you get from PC World). The restore files copied onto the the hard drive, but when the PC is restarted i get the message "Load Error Press Any Key to Continue). After pressing a key the same message appears.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ashes

ambra4 02:29 15 Dec 07

try this load the restore disk in cd drive and do a restore from the cd disk again do not format the hard drive

Just follow the instruction that come up on screen

ashes 20:00 31 Jan 08

Didn't work but worth the try. thanks again.

skidzy 21:09 31 Jan 08

If a pc from PCW there is a good chance it has a recovery partition.

Try tapping F11 or F10 on startup,hopefully you will see a screen giving you 3 options.

One of these will be to factory reset,however if the whole drive has been formatted,i doubt this will work and neither will the restore discs as the recovery discs may need access to the ghost image on the partition.

Of course i maybe wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…