'lizard' prank...control of pointer on desktop

DANJAMESOC 18:42 03 Jun 04

I posted here a couple of nights ago, worried about someone being able to control my pointer on the desktop.
I got loads of help, installing adaware, spybot and ensuring my firewall was up to date.
Well the problem still remains and just as a thought I unplugged my broadband connection and the mouse continues to behave oddly, pointing and clicking on icons.
The remedy for this is a little unclear, apparently I can put a stop to this using task manager but I am not sure where to look and what to stop.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks

spanneress 19:21 03 Jun 04

Can you paste a link to the last post? PPl will be happy to talk you through it if you let us know which instructions you are referring to.

You can find it in 'view your postings' above...

Graham ® 19:30 03 Jun 04

click here

Did you try the instruction I posted for Crazy Mouse, so we can rule that out?

Graham ® 19:52 03 Jun 04

Try this : ctrl alt del to bring up Task Manager, click Processes, see if anything in there looks suspicious. If it does, select it and click End task. If that stops it, we'll know what we're dealing with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…