LiveUpdate for Norton Utilities

When I attempt to use LiveUpdate to obtain the latest anti-virus files the programme does not list all the Symantec products on my PC. In particular it does not list Norton Anti-Virus.

The only programmes listed are “LiveReg” and LiveUpdate”.

This means that I have to obtain the full anti-virus file from the Symantec web site (2 or 3 MB) each week.

Can anyone help me to get back the full functionality of LiveUpdate?

JoeC 15:15 06 Feb 03

think that an unstall / reinstall of the Utilities is the answer. Ctrl-Alt-Del everything except systray and explorer before doing so. 2 or 3 MB of antivirus files each week is exceptional. I usually get around 300 - 400 KB weekly. Norton products seem to benefit from an uninstall / reinstall.

Stuartli 16:41 06 Feb 03

Has your updates subscription period finished?

On the other hand, if you have recently renewed it, it takes about a week or 10 days before LiveUpdate begins to work properly again - at least it did in my case.

It used to take around five or six minutes before the download would commence - now it's all over in under 30 seconds on my 56k connection if there are no virus updates.

The reinstall has done the trick.

I did try this before, but I think I overlooked unintalling all elements of SystemWorks. You have to uninstall LiveUpdate and LiveReg individually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…