Livepix

jasg 13:42 08 May 03

Just purchased a new copy of Livepix 2 delux. Unfortunately the company that produced this software has gone bust and i need help! when i attemp to run the program i get a brief appeareance of the live pix 2 logo in the task bar and nothing else. I am using win 98se and have tried changing the resolution and colour settings to no effect. If i check what programs are running (after clicking) livpix is not shown, anyone one got any ideas?

jasg 23:03 08 May 03

Come on guys and girls desperately need an answer on this one!

monkeyshine 23:10 08 May 03

Have you tried contacting MGI? Looks like they bought them out and ditched LivePix!

jasg 23:16 08 May 03

yeah tried that one no joy they say that they have no one with support knowledge of this product left! Great eh? From other threads i have read that other people have had this problem when reinstalling win 98se but alas no answers as to why or how to fix! the strangest thing i expected at least a error message but it does not even do that!

woodchip 23:22 08 May 03

Try the Following then copy the program to hard drive in explorer, and install in safe mode as you will not be able to use CD in safe mode

Follow instructions Hear..... To remove follow these step's closely,First try remove from Add/Remove in control Panel, then go to start\find\files or folders type in the box Livepix click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with Livepix in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type Livepix and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than Livepix then reboot your computer

Giggle n' Bits 23:31 08 May 03

I know that the Fuji film site has Finepix downloads and updates etc.

click here

Will hopefully sort you out. It can be a pain to install this software.

Think best to uninstall any digicamera first then leave camera disconnected and install the software then the Camera.

ton 02:25 09 May 03

I had the same problem when I built my present PC. I used to run Livepix 2 on my old PC which had 333 CPU. I now have an AMD 1600 XP. When I installed Livepix, it did the same as yours, just a brief glimpse of the logo. I didn't persue the problem as I use other software. I thought it might be useful for you to know that it is not just your PC. I was also using Win98SE. I just tried woodchip's suggestion (above) but it still didn't work. I think speed is the problem. I would have thought someone will have the answer. Keep refreshing this post for a few days and you might be lucky.

monkeyshine 16:09 09 May 03

bump

jasg 18:04 09 May 03

Thanks for the above suggestions but unfortunately none worked! There is no longer any mention of livepix on the fujitsu site and still had the same problem after trying woodchips suggestion. Ton's suggestion seems logical )about the speed increase) but i dont know of anyway of changing the enviroment for just one program to run?

ton 23:20 09 May 03

refresh

ton 17:10 10 May 03

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…