LiveMail and KB2454826

chub_tor 21:07 14 Jan 11
Answered

Just thought that I would pass on this tip if you have started having problems with LiveMail becoming slow and non responding over the past few days. This has happened on my daughter's new Toshiba Portege R705 laptop with Win 7 64bit and we have traced it down to the recently released KB2454826 update. When installed it totally screws up LiveMail and the only cure is to uninstall the update and hide it from ever being installed again.

From reading posts in other forums this particular update has caused havoc on many different Win7 systems including BSOD and failure to boot after installation. Looks as if Microsoft have screwed up with this one and will have to issue a patch to sort it out. So if you have had a problem since its release a few days ago it might be worth checking which updates have been installed and removing this latest one.

birdface 08:45 15 Jan 11

Looks like loads of others with the same problem.
Well spotted.

click here

Cymro. 13:38 15 Jan 11

Have checked my Windows Update list and see that KB2454826 update was installed on the 12th. of this month. I have however had no problems with it. So if and when Microsoft come up with another update to fix the problem what should I do then, ignore the fix or install it anyway?

birdface 13:56 15 Jan 11

If you have had no problems with it you should not need the fix.

chub_tor 14:30 15 Jan 11

From personal experience and reading other posts it seems to have mainly affected those running the 64bit version of Windows 7. The symptons for my daughter's machine was that LiveMail would load OK but having tried two or three operations such as opening/deleting emails, or trying to look at Contacts then Live Mail would go into the pale Non Responding Mode and the only cure was to restart Live Mail - and then it would allow another two or three operations. Removing the update has fixed it.

Cymro. 11:07 16 Jan 11

My system is just that and I get no problems with it and LiveMail and the KB2454826 update.

VoG II 11:26 16 Jan 11

Windows 7 64 bit Professional and no problem here either. There must be some other factor involved.

chub_tor 21:15 16 Jan 11
Answer

That's good to know as one of my machines at home runs 64bit Win7. When I get back to the UK I will be able to check it out. In the meantime I have confirmed that my daughter's laptop here in Texas will not run LiveMail correctly if that particular update is installed. However I will mark this thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5