Livebox wont connect to Internet

The Boz 09:42 26 Dec 07

I have a wanadoo livebox which is connected by ethernet connection to my main pc and wirelessly to another pc downstairs.
Configuration had been working ok till a few days ago and am now unable to access the internet on remote pc.
However I am able to receive email messages via Outlook express and the wireless connection status says connected.
Do I have to re-install from scratch?
Thanks in advance

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 26 Dec 07

Do I have to re-install from scratch?

Probably not?

"the wireless connection status says connected."
means its paired to the livebox OK

Check that the security key is correct in the remote PC.

F the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to cahange the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable. on the other PC

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to reset itself.

8. and you now should be able to connect by wireless

The Boz 20:53 26 Dec 07

You say
Check that the security key is correct in the remote PC

Am unsure how to do this, pls. advise

I have tried changing to WPA security as advised, but still cannot connect internet.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:05 27 Dec 07

Start - settings - network connections - right click the wireless connection - properties.

Wireless network tab - highlight your network - properties - association tab - Network Authentication - set to WPA-PSK - retype in your network key (the number on the livebox) and confirm it - press ok.

The Boz 09:04 27 Dec 07

I am working on Windows XP
I have taken start/control panel/network connections/
Under LAN or High Speed Internet this shows wireless network connection2
Right click and then to properties shows a screen which includes
Connect using (USB adapter) and an option to configure this form there if \i take this i get a warning that i will lose previous settings.
Under the heading "The connection uses the follwoing items" it shows client for ms networks,file and printer sharing,packet scheduler,internet protocol, with install uninstall and properties for each.
I dont see an association tab, pls help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced