Livebox wifi signal

sahiluea 19:19 28 Jun 06

Hi guys...

i have a livebox with orange broadband and it sends out a wireless signal. However my bedroom at the opposite end to the router where it is connected does not receive any signal.

Are there any ways around this that are compatible with the router/modem livebox that orange offer. its got a couple of free ethernet ports, a port which looks like it takes a wifi laptop card and a port which looks like a D with a black thing in the middle slightly thicker than a USB port. My wifi card doesnt have like an antenna connecction either.

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 03 Jul 06

Bump...

Taff™ 11:28 03 Jul 06

Are there any other computers involved and what type of computer do you have (Laptop or Tower)?

You have to press "Button 1" on the Livebox to let the other computers pick up the signal initially - have you done that?

sahiluea 14:52 03 Jul 06

yeh i can pick up the signal from shorter range but further out i have no signal...

Just one laptop on wireless

Taff™ 15:16 03 Jul 06

Do you have a telephone extension point nearer to your room. If so try pluggung the livebox into that - don`t forget the same filter arrangement. It may work or not.

If not we`ll have to think about either a booster router or a better receiver to attach to your laptop. What sort of distances are involved and how many walls in between?

Taff™ 07:09 08 Jul 06

Any developments?

sahiluea 17:08 08 Jul 06

Well, It has to stay in that location as I am trying to connect a PC via a wired connection.

Therefore I opted for a broadband wireless range extender to see if that does the trick.

Thanks

Taff™ 19:35 08 Jul 06

Might have been possible to move the router half way between the two machines and buy a £20 USB Wireless adapter for the other PC. Let us know how you get on. I`d be interested to know which range extender you use and how it performs.

sahiluea 16:30 09 Jul 06

There wouldn't be a reasonable signal on either side.

I have just received the range extender and am having problems with the set up. It tells me to;
The default IP address for the DWL-G710 is 192.168.0.30 with a Subnet Mask of 55.255.255.0. You will need to assign your computer a Static IP
address within the same range as the DWL-G710’s IP address for the purpose of configuring the DWL-G710.

Any ideas on how to do this, as I just put 192.168.0.30 into my address bar, and it tells me that the page is not found. Very stressed and unhappy at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…