Livebox/ Usb adapter connector

Petesilver 21:19 26 Sep 09

I am not sure how to explain this but i will try
To put it as simple as I can the Usb wireless adapter does not always connect to the live box so I have no connection to the internet sometime it works others it just keeps trying to connect and it keeps making beeping noises. Just now I rebooted and got it to work great I thought but I went to pick it up to put it back to where it is normally and it went again so wether its faulty or its something else.. as i rebooted again and got it working I am terrified to touch the thing !!!!!!
I know the Live box is working ok as I have a laptop on the same network and everything is fine......
Sorry to be so long winded but any help would be appreciated
Petesilver

Ozy 23:18 26 Sep 09

is the adapter, usb or is it pci.
if it is usb try a different usb socket,
if it is pci try a different pci socket.
i find when my USB adapter goes off,if i unship the adapter and replace it, it comes on

morddwyd 05:21 27 Sep 09

I assume you're talking about the Orange Livebox.

The supplied wireless adaptor can be a bit flaky.

Can you use the ethernet connection for the PC, and just leave the laptop wireless? That worked for me for a couple of years.

Alternatively try Ozy's suggestion of a different USB socket.

You could also try repositioning the adaptor to make sure it is not shielded from the Livebox in any way.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:53 27 Sep 09

try changing channels on the livebox some adapters will work better from a different channel.

Petesilver 13:04 27 Sep 09

Thank you for all help so I tried most of them at the moment its working but I am afraid to move it...
Would you believe it Orange rang me back this morning they have suggested the inventel software might be faulty and have given me the instructions how to change to using the Windows software instead....
What do you guys think ??

Petesilver 13:07 27 Sep 09

morddwyd

I do have the ethernet cable is it just a matter of plugging it in and it will work or is there some of the software that came from Orange I should use ??

Ozy 15:11 27 Sep 09

when you got the livebox from orange,
with it would be a CD, "Live box-setup CD"
did you install this?,it will give you the option of installing by adapter, or ethernet cable.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 27 Sep 09

I find the windows software works better for my wireless adapter - using a livebox but not an orange adaptor.

morddwyd 17:20 27 Sep 09

Just insert the cd. It should give you the option of repair or re-install. Choose reinstall and follow the on screen prompts.

Petesilver 22:59 28 Sep 09

OK everyone thanks for your help and advice it is much appreciated I think I will see how things go
once again many thanks
Petesilver

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced