Livebox Customer Service?

avesnes 15:32 19 Feb 07

We have a Livebox wired to a desktop and wireless to a laptop. Both computers are running Media Center. Last Wednesday, the desktop lost the internet connection. Customer Service tried a few things and decided that some settings on the desktop had changed. (How, I don't know!). Customer Service led me through and re-established the connection after about 20 minutes. I then noticed that the "Liveprinter" was now enabled on the desktop although I understand that Orange are not ready with this facility.
Three days later, when Madame switches on the laptop (first time for over a week)........no internet connection. We phoned Customer Service and after explaining the above history, the Service guy said that they do not support wireless connected computers running Media Center!!???.....but there is support if the machine is wireless and running XP SP2!

Is this correct? Perhaps I've missed something obvious or is it tucked away in the small print? Obviously from the Wednesday assistance they do support wired Media Center.

STREETWORK 19:50 19 Feb 07

They are talking through their posterior, as usual.

If you get a problem that they cannot sort out, they blame you and say this kind of thing.

They should support the livebox regardless of what it may be connected to, xp, media centre, win2000, etc.

try this however: On the laptop

Click Start - Run, type services.msc

This will open a window, scroll down near the bottom and find Windows Zero Configuration - Right Click it and click 'Start' or 'Restart'. you may have to repeat this.

Now check to see if you have a connection with the livebox. This is a Windows problem, rather than a livebox issue, but they could have done this with you.

avesnes 06:58 20 Feb 07

Streetwork,
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep a note of your method for future use. Also, I'm going to write a formal complaint to the Orange head office - you never know, it might have a small effect.

robbiepaul79 13:34 20 Feb 07

Word of advice from myself on this subject is to dump Orange and there Livebox as soon as possible the customer service i recived and service in general was terrible.

I first started with the company when it was still freeserve during dial-up continued through with the Wanadoo and Broadband but i was getting disconnected from my livebox everynight at 5:50 on the dot for anything up to 2 hours, customer service tried to tell me it was due to the people down the road coming homoe from work and boiling there kettle haha.....i discontinued my service with them yet 6 months down the line i still recieve letters telling me im due this and if i dont pay my BB will be disconnected.

Im with Eclipse now and a happy bunny so beware.

STREETWORK 18:09 20 Feb 07

For Future reference

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:09 24 Feb 07

IF the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to cahange the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it).

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless.

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to rest itself.

8. Disconnect the etehernet cable and you now should be able to connect by wireless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple