Live Vidio on web page

woody 10:46 02 Jun 03

Is there a cheap/free way to get live pic on a web page?
I have BB/Web space .
My web cam works when i use my comp as a server but would like to put it on a web page.

Forum Editor 21:22 02 Jun 03

unless you provide a bit more information.

When you say 'live pic' what exactly do you mean? If you want to feed a webcam to a site you can do so fairly easily, but who is going to be seeing the output? If you have a lot of people accessing the site at any one time you'll need some healthy bandwidth from your web host, and that could cost a packet.

"I have BB/Web space" - what does that mean exactly? You may have a broadband connection on your computer - the one running the webcam - but that doesn't mean anything as far as the web space is concerned. That's just space on a server.

Perhaps you could fill in the gaps - tell us precisely what you are planning to do, and we'll take it further.

woody 22:09 02 Jun 03

You will gather i know little about getting my web-cam images onto my web page.

I have broad band.needed for the large transfer of image/s -video to my site.

I also have a web site of a few MB.

I presume if my video is kept under that fig - just like i have to do with still images - it will be ok.

What i would like to do is view the pic from the web-cam from any computer.

It will only be viewed by two sites/people at a time .

I know how to upload a still image to the web site/page but not live pics . How do i transfer video as it happens?

Some security systems do the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Forum Editor 22:58 02 Jun 03

You'll need some software to run the camera feed to your website, and there are a lot of free downloads available.

click here to see one of them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced