live updates from Norton

palinka 15:29 19 May 04

Last November I had same problem as this, solved it then but now can't rememebr how. Friend's Problem is as follows: when he clicks Live Update in Norton it does not result in dial up. he has to connect separately (through his OE or IE icons). How can he fix things so that clicking on Live Update WILL connect automatically? Mine connects automatically(to AVG)
Back in Nov Bretsky said "Could it be that the Internet Properties - Connection - dialup option needs to be the same as yours, not something in Norton."
But now i can't see what it was that i changed then. Any suggestions please. OS is XP.

Smegs 15:45 19 May 04

Stab in the dark here. Open Live Update. Click the Configure button, in the Live Update Configuration window, goto ISP tab, Click the "Customized settings for liveupdate", make sure it's set to your dial up modem, password and user name are in there.

palinka 16:07 19 May 04

Thanks, Smegs, but I can't find a Configure button in Live update.

Arthur Scrimshaw 16:13 19 May 04

What are the dial up settings relating to the internet connection? If they are set to 'Never Dial my Connection', they need to be changed to 'Dial My Connection'

palinka 16:26 19 May 04

they are set at "always dial my default connection" - in this case, Tiscali

palinka 16:34 19 May 04

thanks, everyone. I've just found the Live update configuration

GaT7 16:35 19 May 04

LU is also accessible in Control Panel\Symantec LiveUpdate. Go there & do what Smegs suggested earlier.

palinka 16:51 19 May 04

Thanks smegs and everyone else. Done it (at least I think so, but will have to wait for friend to give me his password to be certain it's working). The dial-up wan't set to Tiscali. I'll tick resolved with my fingersa crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…