Live Mail won't go online

Lightman 21:52 PM 24 Jun 13
Answered

I'm using W7 Professional with Live Mail 2011. I inadvertently hit the "Work Offline" button on the toolbar which needless to say, took me off line. I have tried clicking on the button which now says "Go online" but nothing happens. If I click on "Send/Receive" a window pops up telling me that "You are currently working offline. Would you like to go online now?" - I click Yes, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Nontek 22:05 PM 24 Jun 13

Do a normal re-start and then try again.

Lightman 22:12 PM 24 Jun 13

Done that, but no change

Nontek 22:30 PM 24 Jun 13

Two more things to try ...

This might be caused by IE, so try a rest ... to perform a reset, open IE and go to tools -> internet options -> advanced -> 'Reset' (the button in the lower right).

If that does not work, reset your Router - to reset router ... press Reset button on router or turn off router at mains, wait 30 seconds and then turn router on again.

Lightman 22:39 PM 24 Jun 13

Duh! I did what I suppose I should have done before starting the thread - a system restore. Everything now back where it should be and working. Thanks to all for your advice.

Nontek 22:57 PM 24 Jun 13

Fine - thanks for your feedback anyway - that would have been my next suggestion!

Secret-Squirrel 09:01 AM 25 Jun 13
Answer

"If I click on "Send/Receive" a window pops up telling me that "You are currently working offline. Would you like to go online now?" - I click Yes, but nothing happens. Any ideas?"

If it happens again then there's no need to do a System Restore. Simply open Internet Explorer, click its "File" menu and untick "Work offline". With IE back online you'll find Windows Live Mail is able to do the same.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…