Live Mail fails to start

tallboy 10:18 05 Oct 13

I have just tried to use Live mail - which I normally use several times a day. It failed to start. Instead it came up with the message: 'Windows Live Mail could not be started. It may not be installed correctly. Make sure that your disk is not fulll or that you are not out of memory. (0x80041161)'.

The disk is certainly not full (320GB spare). Which memory it refers to, I'm not sure. Certainly it is (when I can get it working again) my intention to reduce the size of the In Box & pout more of the messages in storage folders. (or delete them) since the size of the In Box might be causing the problem.

Can someone please advise how I get out of this 'hole'?

Thanks.

isca2 11:00 05 Oct 13

No probles her, just tried it. Although one on my addresses is...@live.com, I still log in to hotmail.com. Have you tried that ?

isca2 11:00 05 Oct 13

My typing is terrible..." no problems here "...

Secret-Squirrel 12:12 05 Oct 13

Tallboy, I found a potential fix on Google that had worked for some users with the same problem:

You basically go into Services and check the status of Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant. Its "Startup Type" should be set to "Automatic" and its status should show "Started". Make any changes if necessary.

If you need step-by-step instructions then you'll need to let me know which version of Windows you're running.

tallboy 15:20 05 Oct 13

Thanks for the replies chaps. The fix from Secret-Squirrel did the trick.

Not sure what cause the status to change from Automatic; the main thing is, it is working thanks!

Secret-Squirrel 18:54 05 Oct 13

Good to see that plan A worked - thanks for the feedback.

"....Not sure what cause the status to change from Automatic..."*

I've seen some folks suggest disabling "unnecessary" services to speed computers up. If you've been tweaking things then that would account for why to ran into this problem. If you haven't knowingly changed anything then it's likely to remain a mystery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…