Live! Creative Cam on Vista - help needed please

Rupstoh 18:56 19 Sep 08

Hi. I have recentlty bought a Dell with Vista installed.

I have loaded my original Live! Creative Cam disk but cannot configure microphone settings as I am getting no sound playback on a skype test call.

Help please, I have a long distance call required tomorrow morning!!

Woolwell 19:12 19 Sep 08

Try this -
Make a sykpe test call and during it click on the little headphone symbol and make sure that the correct audio input (microphone) is set.

Rupstoh 19:31 19 Sep 08

Thanks for the reply Woolwell but I am getting no joy with that.

I am not used to Vista as have only got the computer today. Any further suggestions?

Woolwell 19:41 19 Sep 08

Haven't got the Creative Cam and am fairly new to Skype so over to someone else.

woodchip 19:45 19 Sep 08

Check settings in sound, Double click on Sound icon in system tray near clock then top left options\Recording tick microphone turn volume up

Woolwell 20:08 19 Sep 08

In Vista - right click on the sound icon and select recording devices and see if the cam mic is present.

Rupstoh 20:12 19 Sep 08

It says an audio recording device cannot be found.

Woolwell 20:25 19 Sep 08

Sounds as if the mic for the camera hasn't been installed properly. Suggest uninstall and re-install. You do have the correct drivers?

Woolwell 20:29 19 Sep 08

Thinking about your 20:12 post it ought to have shown that at the very least that a mic wasn't plugged in to your sound card. You may need some more expertise than I can offer.

Rupstoh 20:30 19 Sep 08

Yes Woolwell, going to uninstall and retry - update shortly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…