A little tick somewhere OE6 ?????

rosyred 15:58 13 Nov 03

W98se .....I know it will probably be simple - have just gone on to BT BB so now have OE6. Now when I open my inbox the only way I can open the new mail is to R click the message and click on open Where's the facility to single or double click gone?. Have looked everywhere

john-232317 16:11 13 Nov 03

Sorry got no idea,just had a look and cant find a thing.

By the way, mine opens mail with one right click also.

Rtus 16:17 13 Nov 03

Does internet options Programs tab Show your using OE6 Or the original (if it changes it?when you upgrade..)

rosyred 16:26 13 Nov 03

Internet options.....just shows outlook express, no details. Help - about shows OE6

Rtus 16:29 13 Nov 03

Are there any other choices in the drop down there ?

rosyred 16:53 13 Nov 03

Just the usual
Contents and Index
Read Me which is mostly abot IE and w2000
Microsoft Web - updates etc
About OE

john-232317 17:08 13 Nov 03

Just had another look, but zilch again, if its on a disc try repair or re install, your settings will stay ok.

Rtus 17:10 13 Nov 03

I meant > Start > Settings >control Panel> Internet options>Programs tab >email ...(selects which program to use for email ) I thought maybe those settings had altered...

Not the Outlook help tab...

rosyred 17:33 13 Nov 03

.sorry had looked there but forgot to post

Outlook Express which is the chosen one - drop down reveals btyahoo mail, hotmail and microsoft outlook. I can get my mail on the BT BB site where I delete what I dont want before downloading to OE

velodrome 18:00 13 Nov 03

I don't know if this is anything to do with your problem but you say "when I open my inbox", do you not go to your inbox automatically when you open OE? In OE- tools - options - general do you have the following boxes ticked. "when starting go directly to my inbox folder" and "automatically display folders with unread messages". If not try ticking the boxes. These are ticked in OE on my computer and the messages are opened with 1 left click. I have 98SE, BT broadband and OE6.

rosyred 18:12 13 Nov 03

OE is on the installation disk for bt broadband it just comes as part of the package yeh or nay, it,s just that i vaguely remember when I had OE5 that there was somewhere you could tick to stop selected emails from opening in the message area and i thought if i could find it again it might have the option to help me in this case

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…