little snitch

greybeard 23:54 28 Jul 05

I've had this software described to me as a good way of checking who or what is trying to dial out from your computer, but as far as I can find out, it is only available for macs.
Can anyone confirm this, and if so, is there a similar programme for pcs.
Many thanks.

Technotiger 23:56 28 Jul 05

Hi, have not checked it myself, but you might find your answer here -

click here

greybeard 00:24 29 Jul 05

I've had a look at your link and I'm familliar with some of the postings already, as I have done some research before posing the question.
One suggestion I came across was "Process guard" but that makes such a meal out of setting up that I'm put off the idea.
All that I want to know is when I'm on the net, and notice activity in the system tray icon that I'm not expecting, is something trying to dial out that I ought to know about.
I've got adaware and spybot installed and kept up-to-date, but I'd like to know whats going on as it happens.

De Marcus™ 00:34 29 Jul 05

MS antispyware should do the job nicely click here

Chegs ® 02:16 29 Jul 05

Or a freeware firewall.ZA etc pops up a message alerting you to input/output thru your connection to the net.

greybeard 17:25 20 Nov 05

I'll let nav cope, but I still would like a version of little snitch as per my first posting.

Forum Editor 17:40 20 Nov 05

Process Guard does require some setting up, and although it's very good at what it does, it isn't quite the same as Little snitch. As far as I know there's no Windows version of Little snitch, or anything that does the same thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…