//some 3rd party need geo

little red X's

cellulite engineer 11:59 23 Sep 03

I keep getting little red X's where pictures should be when surfing. Probably something i have configured. I use IE 6.something and MSN 8. McAfee firewall, spybot and Mcafee virus home ed.
Windows XP (home)be the OS.

Any clues???????

MAJ 12:17 23 Sep 03

Try going to, in IE, Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab, scroll down to the Multimedia section and make sure the "Show Pictures" box is ticked.

cellulite engineer 12:51 23 Sep 03

box already checked..
tks

slickpaul 13:06 23 Sep 03

Check your firewall settings. Sounds like the firewall is blocking these pics. The easiest way to check is to temp disable the firewall and then load the website. If pics load its the fire wall. Dont forget to re-enable the firewall after

brittas 14:04 23 Sep 03

As slickpaul says, It is your firewall - It is doing this because it feels that you may be opening up an item that has a hidden danger or an obscene image !!! Turn your firewall off at your own peril !!!

vaughan007 14:10 23 Sep 03

Before you disable your firewall and go surfing around, run a complete check with your (updated)virus scanner first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…