Little red X 's in emails

toogie 21:10 25 Sep 05

Many of my emails have images replaced with small red x's in a square box.
I assume this has been done by my Zone Alarm or Windows security. The images are from trusted sources, how can I get to see them ?

MAJ 21:13 25 Sep 05

In OE go to Tools > Options > Security tab and UNtick the "Block images and other external content in HTML emails", click Apply and OK to exit.

Strawballs 21:28 25 Sep 05

If you don't want to unblock all the pictures you can click on a bar at the top of the email to unblck just those ones

toogie 22:05 25 Sep 05

Sorry Maj this 'box' is already unticked

And Strawballls, I cannot see the 'bar' at the top of email to which you refer ?

VoG II 22:24 25 Sep 05

Are you still connected to the internet when you try to view these images?

toogie 08:51 26 Sep 05

Yes Vog I am still connected to internet when viewing them.

Hamish 09:28 26 Sep 05

Have you tried sending a picture to yourself, Occasionally if someone tries to forward on an email containing pictures the pictures are block and appear as red crosses.

toogie 09:45 26 Sep 05

Hamish I don't appear to have a problem with pictures that arrive as attachments.
The problem comes with images associated with jokes etc that are included within the body of the email rather than an attachment.

Hamish 10:15 26 Sep 05

Yes. Same here. A friend found that if she copied the message containing jokes and then pasted the contents into a new email the jokes could be sent and received

toogie 10:18 26 Sep 05

Thanks I'll ask the sender to try the same. Will let you know how that turns out.

toogie 10:20 27 Sep 05

Appears to be a problem caused by way in which these are forwarded. Followed Hamish's advice and asked friend to copy and resend. They arrived in full. Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…