little red cross in a square

jarani 17:21 10 Nov 04

help please - how do I open / view what is behind a little red cross in a square usually found in a corner of email attachments or similar - do I need some software ?

sortof 17:33 10 Nov 04

That might be blocked images. Check O/express tools options security and look for a checkbox that blocks images. That is there as images in SPAM are downloaded from a link in a website which tells Spammers you have opened the email or attachment, and so they know they have contacted a valid email address and can send you more SPAM!

jarani 20:44 10 Nov 04

sortof - thank you for the prompt response - I cannot find anything described - I think it relates to photos which are attached but I cannot open them , either because they are in a format I cannot open or I lack software to open them to view - the emails are safe and secure - I work in win98se

jarani 20:51 10 Nov 04

ps - I get this cross when I go to downloads next to the search window where you would narmally get " go "

VoG II 20:56 10 Nov 04

Try this click here

jarani 21:23 10 Nov 04

VoG - the link is most helpfull and hits the nail on the head - it will take me some time to work it through - thank you - jarani

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac