little problems with PC

charlton200 10:34 21 Jun 08

I have a couple of problems with my PC.
Most times when i click off to go in standby it goes to preparing to go in standby mode than freezes. .
The other problem is the mouse keeps freezing. This happens about once or twice a day.

I am not sure what is causing this, my only thought is kapersky security suite.
But this worked OK for 2 weeks before the trouble started.

Thanks.

Technotiger 10:47 21 Jun 08

What sort of Mouse?

What OS?

Desktop or Laptop?

charlton200 12:58 21 Jun 08

Desktop
xp
wired mouse (logitech)

woodchip 13:03 21 Jun 08

Right Click on Desktop Properties\Settings\Advanced Troubleshooting try moving the slider down a notch

Technotiger 13:40 21 Jun 08

Have you cleaned the mouse lately, assuming it has a ball underneath. Remove the ball and scrape off the hardened gunge that accumulates on the small rollers inside the mouse, a small screwdriver or nail-file is best, make sure the rollers are totally smooth, then replace the ball.

jonmac 12:28 22 Mar 09

Mesh PC, Win XP SP3 Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse. Zone Alarm, AVG8
Mu mouse has always frozen after a long period of rest but always "woke up" within a second of movement.
Recently, after a hardc disk replacement and fresh install it was working OK but now freezes after exactly 10 secs, awaking to either a left-click or a nudge to the mouse wheel. I have up-to-date drivers and have checked for malware with Malwarebytes. The mouse if fully charged. I tried to restore to an earlier time but only one, for the previous day, was listed and when I tried it said it couldn't go back to it! I see there are more SR points listed now though. Any suggestions anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…