A little net help please

misters 19:14 09 Feb 03

Hi i have noticed that i cant access certain web pages one being my e mail at tiscali, also buttons on my keyboard are not function the way they are meant to, dont know if this is related.

Just to mention when i do eventually access a web page it wont close from the little X or even ctrl-alt-del i have even right clicked the toolbar to try and close it from there and also alt-F4 still nothing eventually i have got to reboot my pc. Sorry for going on but has anybody else got any ideas?
thanx in advance.

tunbridge 19:22 09 Feb 03

Hey misters

>> Hi i have noticed that i cant access certain web pages one being my e mail at tiscali, also buttons on my keyboard are not function the way they are meant to, dont know if this is related.

I am not sure how to resolve your problems. Regards your keyboard, are you referring to some of the multimedia buttons such as 'email', 'back' and 'www' shortcuts. Did you get any special drivers or CDs with your keyboard that need to be installed?

I dont think the 2 problems are related. I'm not sure why you cannot access some web pages, do the pages just hang and you get a message saying the page cannot be found?

>>> Just to mention when i do eventually access a web page it wont close from the little X or even ctrl-alt-del i have even right clicked the toolbar to try and close it from there and also alt-F4 still nothing eventually i have got to reboot my pc. Sorry for going on but has anybody else got any ideas?

It may be worth reinstalling your browser.

Hope this helps,

Dominic

click here
click here

woodchip 19:23 09 Feb 03

Go to control panel and check the language that your keyboard is set to use. Should be ether UK or British English

misters 20:23 09 Feb 03

You mention about reinstalling my web browser how would i do this it was only a few weeks ago i downloaded ie6. Can i also just mention that I managed to open one of my fav websites and it opened with large fonts. Has anyone got any ideas about this? Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…