A little confused over Broadband Wireless Network

suburban train 18:40 10 Jun 05

HI All

I have been trawling through websites and speaking with a shop assistant over broadband wireless networking and now i am confused as ever.

Basically i wanna buy the hardware needed to share by PC and laptop, my PC runs windows XP pro and notebook windows 2000. I have been told as they are both different versions they are not compatable but i thought they both NT technology??

Basically what i would like to know is what type of router do i need and what devices.

Does anyone know any good make which are robust. Ive had a look at dabs.com and read a few reviews where customers have had problems trying to setup wireless networking.

Also with a wireless router modem can i network both machines together to share files??

Magik ®© 18:44 10 Jun 05

they will both work fine, check the BT website shop, they will sell you the compleat kit, mine came from them, and it works ace...

suburban train 18:59 10 Jun 05

Just had a look at the BT websites thanks very much for this. Which option did you buy the PCI interface or USB option.

Was it easy to setup any issues??

Magik ®© 20:24 10 Jun 05

i got the voyager 2000 and two laptop cards, as for the set up, the whole thing took about 15 minutes, it was a case of put the disk in the drive, fill in your login name, and lo and behold, it came up on the screen "you can now surf the internet" there was no more to it than that....

suburban train 20:59 10 Jun 05

^

suburban train 20:47 14 Jun 05

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…