LiteON LTR-52246S CD-RW & Freecom Classic 4x DVD+R

Beverley Anne 00:08 12 Apr 03

Hello again,

Could someone help me with this question please?

Is it possible for me to connect LiteON LTR-52246S CD-RW & Freecom Classic 4x DVD+R so the audio sound can be heard from both drives?

All I can find on the asus p4t533 motherboard is one set of connectors marked cd. Where would the leads for the dvd go?

Thanks in advance

DAICAP 08:04 12 Apr 03

Many motherboards have a connector on the motherboard marked aux or auxilary. Try and locate this. If not go to and search for the manual.

Beverley Anne 09:11 13 Apr 03

Hi Daicap

Thanks for the reply I found a connector mark aux in the manual. Would the soundcables from the dvd work in using that connector instead?

All I got to sort out now is the other problem of the PSU.

-pops- 09:21 13 Apr 03

You should be able to enable digital sound in device manager so that you do not then have to rely on extra analogue audio cables to your sound card.

If you're using XP, RIGHT click on Control Panel and click Manage. In Computer Management, click Device Manager. Find your drives in CD/DVD ROM drives and double click on one of your devices. Under Properties, tick the box saying Enable Digital Audio for this device. Repeat with the other device.

It will be best to disconnect the analogue cables after doing this.

Beverley Anne 09:43 13 Apr 03

Whats the sound like if I do it this way. Could I do this for my CDRW as well?

-pops- 10:36 13 Apr 03

Yes, most certainly!!

-pops- 10:40 13 Apr 03

Sorry, missed your first point. Sound is better as it doesn't have to go through two conversions. That is CD (digital) -> analogue -> digital on sound card -> analogue for the speakers. with digital sound it's CD -> sound card (both digital) -> speakers (analogue).

Beverley Anne 11:14 13 Apr 03

thanks for answering my questions.

-pops- 11:37 13 Apr 03

You're very welcome. Hope it works OK for you.

hansol 23:35 15 Apr 03

I've just bought at a computer fair an "Internal CD audio lead for two drives". It consists of two leads for plugging into rears of drives,a little box(40x30x10mm)and single lead for audio board. By 'HCP cables & accessories'. Haven't used it yet,but it seems to be easy answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…