Liteon LDW 411S

Dom de Plume 13:03 21 Feb 04

Hi everyone, can anyone offer any advise.
I have a Liteon LDW 411S Duel DVD burner. I upgraded the fimware to the latest version beacause i was having a few problems with discs.
Now when I put a disc in the drive just keeps spinning and not recognising the disc.
The firmware update was DR4FSOJ.
Was wondering if there have been any other problems with this firmware, and is there a better one out there.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Stuartli 14:57 21 Feb 04

Updating firmware is, at very best, a very risky business and if it all goes pearshaped then you will be left with something only fit for the rubbish bin.

Owners of various brands of DVD rewriters usually have a very good idea of which media works - or doesn't work - with their drives.

Dom de Plume 16:00 21 Feb 04

Thanks for your reply mate.
I know it can be risky. My mate has the exact same drive, he flashed his and it works fine. Only trouble is can't remember which flash version he used.
Read somewhere that DR4FSOF works well with Ritek -R discs. Does anyone know if this is true?
Also where I can get it, been several sites and can't get it.
Thanks all.

1514 16:06 21 Feb 04

click here

Try this site for disks

Stuartli 17:48 21 Feb 04

click here does Ritek and similar makes - it also lists which disks work best with various models of rewriters that it sells.

It also has an NEC 1100ND DVD+R rewriter on sale, this weekend only, for £34.99 including VAT.....:-)

Dom de Plume 10:05 22 Feb 04

Both pretty good sites guys, but didn't sort the problem out this time.
Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…