Liteon CD RW not recognised

Newuser857 14:30 05 Feb 03

I have an LG CD/RW and Roxio Easy CD creator 5 which has always worked OK. I recently bough a faster CD/RW a Liteon LTR52246S which came with Nero software which I have used and found too complicated. I didn't install it.
I set up the new CD/RW as master with my CDrom as slave on the secondary IDE and whilst the computer recognised the set up Roxio ECDC won't recognise my new CDRW. The Roxio website says that the model is supported and I have downloaded a patch which is supposed to help recognition. (DriveUp 5.3.2b) Still no joy.

Any ideas plaese ?

MalcSP 15:02 05 Feb 03

the software that is bundled with a CDRW is frequently doctored to work only with that model or manufacturer. I suspect this is your problem. If it isn't then it may be that the new model is not being seen. Try the first idea and if that fails get back.

€dstow 15:13 05 Feb 03

Some of what's on here click here may be helpful.

€d

Ben Avery (Work) 15:22 05 Feb 03

Just a theory, but it may be worth intalling Nero and seeing if the bundle includes "Nero Express". This is very good and is so simple to use. It starts with a wizard and for slightly more "complicated" tasks you can switch what you are doing between Nero Express and Nero Burning ROM. I use this method as ECDC wouldn't detect my drive all too often for me too.

Nero is good but like most things requires a little "getting used to".

BA

SEASHANTY 15:31 05 Feb 03

I purchased the fully paid up version of NERO but never will again. The manual is on the installation CD and around 120 pages to print. I
absolutely hate these programmes that come with the manual on CD. At least ROXIO give you a decent manual in book form with their product.
Long live ROXIO, as history tells us NERO came to no good end!

SEASHANTY 15:39 05 Feb 03

Just a thought which may or may not help. Try
uninstalling your Roxio ECDC and the patch you
installed. Then just re-install Roxio again and
see if it recognises the Liteon then. Surprised that Roxio didn't suggest this to you. I had to do this with one of my computers when I replaced the CDRW drive with a faster one - and that was a Plextor - repudedly one of the better drives.

Newuser857 16:04 05 Feb 03

Many thanks to seashanty,ben avery,edstow and malcSP. I think I will try re installing ECDC5 first and see what happens.

Thanks again for your prompt replies !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…