lite-on writer and audio cd's

frasernet 18:44 23 Nov 03

can anyone help? i recently replaced my lite-on cd writer after 2 years faithful service due to a breakdown with another brand new lite-on 52327s. I used to be able to play all audio cd's on my main stereo system in my lounge, a jvc mini system, nothing special, but IT DID used to play cdr's. However since replacing the writer i find that it wont play cdr's, although they will play on the kids portable systems and in my car. I have updated the firmware, i have upgraded nero, but nothing works. I am using the same cdr media, maxell, i am running xp home, have a pentium 3 800mhz with 512 ram. any ideas before i have to go and buy another writer, if all else fails can anyone recommend a foolproof writer that wont cost the earth.please help.

smegs 01:08 24 Nov 03

Bump

Giant68 10:50 24 Nov 03

What speed are you burning the audio cd's? I have found that burning audio cd's at higher speeds leads to problems on various cd players. I always burn audio cd's at 8x and get no probs, unless I am using cd's with a blue writing surface. Try burning at lower speeds and see what happens.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…