Lite-on SOHW-812S in Freecom box. PC World??

Ive 18:49 17 Jul 04

I purchased a Freecom internal DVD+/-RW from PC World and on the box it shows the drive with freecom written on the draw. The box was security sealed and the RW inside does not have Freecom on the draw. When the drive is installed in PC it comes up as Lite-on SOHW-812S.Does anyone no if Lite-on is made by freecom or is it the wrong burner in the box.Paid £99.00 for it but lite-on seem to be cheaper.

Valvegrid 18:56 17 Jul 04

Have you asked PC World?

Ive 18:57 17 Jul 04

Store closed at 6pm.

Valvegrid 19:03 17 Jul 04

Does it look like this one? :

click here

I think you'll have to have a word with 'em Monday, unless some one knows different.

Ive 19:12 17 Jul 04

Valvegrid. The box is identical.

Ive 19:16 17 Jul 04

Valvegrid. Are you then having the same thougts on this.
Everything in the box reads freecom, as does freecom website. No mention of lite-on in there.

Valvegrid 20:53 17 Jul 04

I can't get into crx1600's first link, my browser says it can't find the link, but that maybe my firewall, but from what he's saying they use the same drive, but the box in his second link don't look like the one in mine, so a little word with PC World won't hurt.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Paul.

Ive 22:34 17 Jul 04

I will go back to PC World tomorrow and see what they have to say.
Will post again when I return.

Ive 00:17 21 Jul 04

crx1600. yes it did have a freecom label but it also had another with the liteon name. Still took it back and had a moan and they opened another to see if it was the same, which it was and when they looked it up on there computer it had gone down ten quid so they refunded me the tenner and gave me the new one they opened, so I got another set of freebies that come with it cos I kept the others from the first box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…