Lite-On Motherboard

bribar 17:34 16 Nov 03

Please can anyone help I have an old GVC DR78 Lite-On motherboard with a Pentium 333 on board which I know works perfectly well but can not find a manual to help me connect up the Power switch, speaker, HD light, power on light and reset switch. Lite-on made this motherboard for a computer manifacturer, and do not or have not printed a manual for the board

Stuartli 17:53 16 Nov 03

If a manual was never printed it's hardly surprising you can't find one...:-)

Try here:

click here

for some helpful advice.

There are many websites of this nature.

Stuartli 17:56 16 Nov 03

Or try Lite-On itself:

click here

bribar 18:32 16 Nov 03

Hi! Guys I have tried Lite-On they say it's a GVC DR 738 motherboard but it is not, looks similar. Motherboard.org do not even list Lite-On or GVC The only hope I have is if some one has a computer with this motherboard inside and they can give me the set up for the case power switch and lights etc

Stuartli 13:30 17 Nov 03

As the fixtures and fittings of motherboards for this type of thing are basically standard, why not study the manual for a more popular mobo and work it out?

Again, if it's similar to a GVC DR 738, then the connections should be very similar to the one you have.

Here's 68 listed GVC mobos:

click here

Looks like these include GVC DR 738 drivers if you ever need them:

click here

and

click here

(Use the translation facility in Google or barbabel)

Here's some details of GVC Corporation and, presumably, ways to contact it (it merged with Lite-On last year):

click here

click here

Even more on GVC products, manuals, drivers etc...!

click here

Stuartli 13:42 17 Nov 03

...this Russian website lists the GVC website links in that country:

click here

Use Google to translate...:-)

bribar 21:06 04 Dec 03

Thanks Stuartli we have now scrapped the board even though it was only 3 years old

Stuartli 09:11 05 Dec 03

You've turned the light off then....:-)

Shame really, but in the IT world things literally change from hour to hour and day by day, never mind year by year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…