Lite on Monitor Woes

sean-278262 21:54 27 Mar 04

I have a Liteon e1996pnst monitor and every time i turn my computer on it resizes the screen it is only a few pixels out mayber 10 or 12 but it happens in any direction vert and horz sometimes bigger and other times smaller!It didnt come with drivers and it started after a reboot of windows xp.I couldnt find any drivers when i searched the web but it is past it warranty so cannot make a claim a friend suggested taking it to a TV repairman but am worried that I will have to fork over a fortune or that it will be damaged beyond repair and have to fork out on a new monitor!

hugh-265156 23:07 27 Mar 04

you wont need monitor drivers with xp as it has its own built in.

are you saying after you adjust the screen size to your liking using the monitor buttons,after a restart it resizes again?

i really have no idea sorry.

what resolution and refresh rate are you using and are your graohics card drivers installed and up to date?

sean-278262 21:53 28 Mar 04

my screen is in 1280x1024 32bit on a nvidia geforce fx5200 128mb card and yes it just keeps resizing of its own accord but not every restart or start up but is occuring most of the time its really annoying having to change the screen every time but i cannot find any evidence that this monitor exsists even on the lite on site!

hugh-265156 00:31 29 Mar 04

links for this monitor i have found point to non uk sites click here=

im sure you may have tried this but just in case:
make sure your vga cable is firmly connected and the screws are tight.

make sure the graphics card is firmly in the agp slot.

right click an empty space on the desktop choose properties/settings/advanced/monitor tick the box "hide modes this monitor cannot display" and then choose the highest available.

try uninstalling the monitor via "control panel/performance and maintenance/system/hardware/device manager" right click it here and choose uninstall and restart windows.xp will find the monitor again and re install the drivers automatically.

try a driver update for your graphics card: ati click here nvidia click here

re adjust the screen size again after trying any the above using the buttons and see how you go.

all i can think of sorry.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 01:08 29 Mar 04

I dont know if you have the new nvidea drivers but there is a refresh overide option in the advanced settings that u can use the default is 60mhz refresh on all settings but you can overide it to make it what u like amy not help but worth a shot.

Regards.

graygoblin 02:17 29 Mar 04

liteon used to manufacture monitors for DEC {NOW HP/COMPAQ} hundreds were rcalled to our repair centre in 95/96 yr for re-soldering of dry joints on pcb.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…