lite-on ltr-24103s

hi there i have the lite-on ltr-24103s cdrw drive. could someone please tell me why sometimes the computer looses the drive totally even sometimes mid way through reading a cd even.
does anyone possibly have any drivers for this hardware so i could update my driver in device manager. the driver would usually be found on a diskette that is supplied with the cdrw. unfortunately i did not recieve one with my drive

thanks stan

Totally-braindead 23:10 18 Feb 03

It could be a faulty connection eg damaged ribbon cable etc or it could be a software fault.
Initially I would try deleting and reinstalling my cdwriter software ie Nero or Easy CD Creator and see if that does the trick.
Regarding the diskette I don't know what you mean, you can get CD rom diskettes with some drives but a computer running windows doesn't need them as it uses a Microsoft driver from windows. Windows treats a CD Writer as a CD rom and therefore you shouldn't need any floppies. I'm on my third CD writer now and mines a lite-on too a 16x I never got a disk with it and have never needed one, perhaps someone else can help with this.

woodchip 23:19 18 Feb 03

You do not load separate drivers for CD rom or CDRW the drivers for your lite-on ltr-24103s are loaded with the software for your drive. They are contained in the software and are added to C:\windows\system\Iosubsys folder

Stuartli 23:21 18 Feb 03

As stated the only driver required by CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters is the basic Windows version - go to System Information and you should see the driver listed that is used by the particular drive; it will be on the lines of CDROM/0000 up to, say, 0003.

woodchip 23:22 18 Feb 03

PS as your other thread NERO

Stuartli 23:25 18 Feb 03

PS

In Device Manager, highlighting the particular drive and then Properties>Drivers should reveal that "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".

Stuartli 23:32 18 Feb 03

Are we confusing drivers and firmware?

Ironman556 23:59 18 Feb 03

don't know if this will help
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…