lite-on ltr-24103s

hi there i have the lite-on ltr-24103s cdrw drive. could someone please tell me why sometimes the computer looses the drive totally even sometimes mid way through reading a cd even.
does anyone possibly have any drivers for this hardware so i could update my driver in device manager. the driver would usually be found on a diskette that is supplied with the cdrw. unfortunately i did not recieve one with my drive

thanks stan

Totally-braindead 23:10 18 Feb 03

It could be a faulty connection eg damaged ribbon cable etc or it could be a software fault.
Initially I would try deleting and reinstalling my cdwriter software ie Nero or Easy CD Creator and see if that does the trick.
Regarding the diskette I don't know what you mean, you can get CD rom diskettes with some drives but a computer running windows doesn't need them as it uses a Microsoft driver from windows. Windows treats a CD Writer as a CD rom and therefore you shouldn't need any floppies. I'm on my third CD writer now and mines a lite-on too a 16x I never got a disk with it and have never needed one, perhaps someone else can help with this.

woodchip 23:19 18 Feb 03

You do not load separate drivers for CD rom or CDRW the drivers for your lite-on ltr-24103s are loaded with the software for your drive. They are contained in the software and are added to C:\windows\system\Iosubsys folder

Stuartli 23:21 18 Feb 03

As stated the only driver required by CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters is the basic Windows version - go to System Information and you should see the driver listed that is used by the particular drive; it will be on the lines of CDROM/0000 up to, say, 0003.

woodchip 23:22 18 Feb 03

PS as your other thread NERO

Stuartli 23:25 18 Feb 03

PS

In Device Manager, highlighting the particular drive and then Properties>Drivers should reveal that "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device".

Stuartli 23:32 18 Feb 03

Are we confusing drivers and firmware?

Ironman556 23:59 18 Feb 03

don't know if this will help
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 2D animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

How to get WWDC 2017 tickets