Lite-On Firmware

NirvanaGuy 21:52 07 Apr 05

I've just this day got my lovely new Lite-ON SOHW-1673S. So I bought myself some Memorex DVD-R's to burn some stuff off, & to my suprise, the disc's are supported. Sorry, the brand's -R discs aren't supported. I have a Memorex DVD+R which has been burnt onto by a friend (who also has a Lite-On drive, be a earlier drive) and that worked fine.

But my reason for asking for guidence is that I went onto the LiteOn website for the firmware update so my drive would support more media, but I can't seem to download the update. The link for the .zip file just send you in a loop! The link is...

click here

I don't understand what Im doing wrong. So if anyone knows of anywhere else I can get this update, I'd be most greatful!

Thank You

TomJerry 21:55 07 Apr 05

LiteOn firware upgrade is very easy

NirvanaGuy 21:57 07 Apr 05

Are you using Internet Explorer?

NirvanaGuy 22:10 07 Apr 05

I used IE (using FireFox) to get the file. Weird that Firefox missed the file to download, even with the pop up blocker et al I still should have been able to get that. D'OH, sent an e-mail asking for help too! Poo

Chegs ® 03:29 08 Apr 05

I have just been reading up on a few facts & figures for Memorex,apparently they were a brilliant audio tape mfg and have been trading on this reputation ever since.

Memorex PC media is pooh,so save the worries over updating the firmware on your drive,and buy reputable media.Use this utility to check the media's suitability (DVD Identifier click here )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…