Listening to and recording bbc radio

jz 21:43 18 Feb 05

I used to be able to listen to and record 'listen again' radio programmes by the BBC without using Realplayer. I learnt how to do this from this forum a year or so ago by using Jet Audio. I haven't listened to anything for months, and, having re-installed windows and Jet Audio on my PC, it no longer works. If I click on a programme, it tells me that I don't have the Realplayer installed. What's the trick I need to do to get it to use Jet Audio instead?

Diodorus Siculus 22:20 18 Feb 05

Try realAlternative. It works for me: click here

ashdav 01:41 19 Feb 05

go here click here
and install megacodec pack 1.16. It includes a Real player alternative and all the codecs you will need.

ashdav 02:12 19 Feb 05

just noticed DS's link is for the same player but without the codecs. Still recommend it as it has always worked for me also.

jz 21:41 24 Feb 05

Thanks for your replies (and sorry for the very late reply). I installed Real Alternative and it's all working fine with Jet Audio.

Any suggestions on what audio compression to use when recording? Around 30-45kbits per sec stereo speech and music seems about right, but which codec is best? Has anyone compared them for audio quality at a given bit rate?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…