Listening to cd through CDROM output socket

Harry 01:55 26 Jun 05

How can I listen to cd's by inputting headset socket in the CD ROM input socket at the front of the ROM. Never managed to hear anything. How is it done??? Thanks

ton 02:22 26 Jun 05

Have you turned up the volume control that is usually next to the headphone socket?

De Marcus 02:30 26 Jun 05

There's a few things to check, the first is to make sure digital audio is enabled on the drive, to do this go to the device manager and right click on the cd-drive in question, select properties and again select properties from the new box that comes up, put a tick in the 'enable digital audio' box and click ok.

The next one I'm not too sure about but I'm almost certain you need to have the drive plugged into your sound card or motherboard (depending on whether you have integrated audio or not). It's usually a very thin grey cable with a 4 pin connector that plugs into the back of the drive to the left of the ide cable.

Lastly, make sure the volume is turned up on the drive.

ton 02:39 26 Jun 05

None of these settings should make a difference as he is asking about the socket on the CD drive, it should work regardless of the settings.

soy 04:01 26 Jun 05

To hear audio via the headphone socket on the CD-ROM drive, the CD-Rom needs to be connected to the soundcard via a thin grey cable. De Marcus has mentioned this. if you open up your side panel you may be a ble to see if you have it connected or not.

GRFT 07:55 26 Jun 05

Check this thread click here

De Marcus 10:44 26 Jun 05

ALL of those settings should make a difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced