listen to music stored on pc using laptop

strikes 20:22 23 Jul 07

ive got a wireless router and have been told i can listen to the music stored on my pc over the wireless network using my laptop, im not the brightest when it comes to pc things so i just wanna know if this is true or do i need to install something on my pc or laptop to do thid first please help someone

2neat 20:30 23 Jul 07

you just need to map the folder to your laptop.
On your pc make the folder eg my music available for sharing.
What OS are you using?

skidzy 20:31 23 Jul 07

If the music folders/files are setup as shared over the network,i see no reason why you cannot access them.

woodchip 20:32 23 Jul 07

Laptop is not good for listening to Music. Poor Speaker system also Hearphones not very good. You will need very good ears for it to be any good at all. Unless you do what Did Buy some Powered USB speakers that plug into the Laptop

strikes 20:41 23 Jul 07

how do i set my pc and laptop up so i can do this in the first place

skidzy 20:46 23 Jul 07

Assuming xp click here

strikes 20:53 23 Jul 07

yes im running xp and ive tried that link but it only says how to set up my pc i cant work out how to get to the files from my pc now

skidzy 21:05 23 Jul 07
  strikes 21:14 23 Jul 07

right none of that makes any sense to me, thank people anyway ill just go without

strikes 21:14 23 Jul 07

right none of that makes any sense to me, thank people anyway ill just go without

woodchip 22:48 23 Jul 07

They have to be Networked before you can share anything Computers that is. Then on the Computer that is acting as the Server Select the files by right clicking on the Folder or Files and choose Share then tick the boxes on how you want to share them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…