Linux you can try Run From CD

woodchip 10:25 11 Jul 03

If you want to try Linux, without disturbing you windows System you can run it from the CD, New Version of Lindows. click here

Chegs ® 11:41 11 Jul 03

There are several other Linux distro's that offer small/zero footprints,and these are free(just involves some major d/loading)A trip thru Langa.coms archives should offer up the various distros and links onto where to d/l from.

woodchip 12:14 11 Jul 03

Yes but this will run MsOffice strait out of the box

dth 12:39 11 Jul 03

Forget MS Office you should be using K-Office .............

PS - The only problem with running Linux from a CD distro (without setting it up on your hard drive) is it obvious runs much slower).

woodchip 15:20 11 Jul 03

up......I have not posted for those not interested, But those who are of a timid Nature that do not want to mess there system up. But would like to see how it performs

Gaz 25 15:44 11 Jul 03

I have an old 486, it could run wonders back in to that OLD pc, at least I could run it from disc to see it anyway.

Thanks.

woodchip 17:37 11 Jul 03

CHUCKLE1 19:00 11 Jul 03

Anyone wanting to see linux work before installing on hard disk can get 2 linux versions that run from disk from click here .
Go to the "standalone CD's" section. These only cost £2.50 with £2.00 delivery.
Worth looking at.

zanwalk 21:08 11 Jul 03

Demolinux and Knoppix are available from this site at £2 + £1 p&p for those who are interested:

click here

daba 01:46 12 Jul 03

.... are there in using Linux ?

seems to me there's nnnnnnn versions around, given wonderful sounding names, and not a coherant platform, what about support ? is it all by user groups ? what about live updates like MS do ? is it really worth the effort ?

sorry for being negative, i just haven't seen a huge amount of positive feedback about linux, perhaps i ain't been looking in the right places though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…