LInux and wifi, does it mix.

Jonathan rawlins 13:50 05 Nov 05

I am thinking of making my linux pc use wireless, so it can connect to my network, that is wireless. My router is a Bt 2wire 1250, and i have not got any linux drivers for that. Do you now which detwork adapters will work, and where to get the drivers for the router.

Thanks,

Jonathan

mgmcc 16:09 05 Nov 05

I would have thought you might have more luck getting help in a dedicated Linux forum, such as - click here

Chegs ® 04:22 06 Nov 05

I have had a go at Linux via wireless.The 1st problem was getting the WiFi cards driver,the 2nd problem was my linux install would only run on a wired network for a few minutes,then cease and I was unable to findout why.
click here

To connect the linux PC to the BT2Wire,there's a selection of connections,use the wired RJ11 socket,as linux on USB is a pain.If you get that working,(should just be a tick in a box for DHCP)then try getting more adventurous. ;-)

Chegs ® 04:27 06 Nov 05

click here

This explains howto setup a 2Wire type device for Linux. Good Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…