linux - where to buy cheap?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:02 12 Oct 04

hi all,i have never tried the linux programs before,i would like to try out a distro but where can i find cheap ones,or maybe to buy them altogether,ive seen some that are £10 for a set of CD's can someone tell me where to find a cheap set?.cheers all.ben

Valvegrid 20:11 12 Oct 04

I use Xandros, I have been very pleased with it. They offer an Open Circulation Edition for free:

click here

The paid for version is $89USD for the Deluxe version and has been worth every penny.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 17:51 13 Oct 04

cheers,im downloading FREE version now,thanks again.ben

Valvegrid 19:12 13 Oct 04

Let know how you get on with it.

Diodorus Siculus 19:31 13 Oct 04

The Suse personal 9.1 is also freely available to download and is pretty impressive.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:27 13 Oct 04

sure thing Valvegrid - diodorus:cheers,right after this one,its gona be a long night,im using bit-torrent,but Valvegrid it is legal isn't it?.or is it just the downloading of copyrighted material.i have heard about getting linux already on CD from your local computer hardware store is this true you think?.cheers all.ben

Valvegrid 21:16 13 Oct 04

Using bit-torrent to download this sort of program is perfectly legal, because what you are downloading is open source, not copyrighted. This exactly what bit-torrent is intended for, it saves clogging up bandwidth on the main Xandros site, it sort of spreads the download across a large number of sources. Anyway, there is no other way of downloading it and Xandros advocate it.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:28 13 Oct 04

so if on my website,i could use bit-torrent and bit-torrent creator to put on my website so people can download my photo album and video recordings.ect.and this won't be a slightest ilegal?.sounds good.cheers.ben

Valvegrid 22:28 13 Oct 04

Bit-torrent is a file sharing program. None of these programs are illegal themselves, its only what they are used to download can be illegal, like copyrighted material for instance.

This gives an overview on how bit-torrent works:

click here

keith-236785 00:02 14 Oct 04

click here for the Mandrake 1o download site.

keith-236785 00:02 14 Oct 04

mandrake 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…