Linux web surfing

mbc 12:10 PM 12 Apr 11

Can anyone advise on a wireless usb adapter which will run under Linux? My router is a Belkin N wireless router F5D8236uk4. My Windows adapter does not work under Linux. Thanks.

bremner 12:49 PM 12 Apr 11

Can't give you a personal recommendation but Amazon have several including this one Amazon

Thalmus 19:04 PM 12 Apr 11

what wireless adapter do you have?

mbc 19:34 PM 12 Apr 11

Thanks for that, I have ordered one from 7dayshop via Amazon. My present adapter is a Belkin F7D2101. I have checked their web-site, and there are no drivers for Linux.

scotty 08:47 AM 13 Apr 11

You can always use the windows driver for the wireless dongle and the linux facility "Ndiswrapper". Linux support for wireless devices has improved but it is still a frequent source of trouble for me.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/Ndiswrapper

daytimers82 10:07 AM 13 Apr 11

at the bottom of your screen or at the top there should be an icon try right clicking on that icon and see if you can set the wireless link.

Which Linux distro are you using is it mint or ubuntu, in mint the icon is at the bottom on the right

In ubuntu the icon is at the top on the right or a drop down list.

daytimers82 10:11 AM 13 Apr 11

if its a distro ive not listed you will have to look around the main screen in linux for this icon.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites