Linux Question... deamon

EmBeZzLeR 22:14 27 May 03

What's the background program (daemon) which should be running in order for mountd and exportfs to function correctly?

woodchip 22:25 27 May 03
  EmBeZzLeR 20:38 28 May 03

can someone actually tell me instead of posting unless links where i cannot find anything.

EmBeZzLeR 21:59 28 May 03

anyone?

Dr. Charles 22:13 28 May 03

daemon runs all sorts. With respect I would suggest if you are taking an interest to this extent, buy the Red Hat Linux Bible.I have it for version 7.2 no doubt they do it for 8.You will get along much more easily with help from this sort of book than posting here. Its written by Christopher Negus.

Your interest in Linux is obviously there, and this sort of reference book will help you much more than many postings here, and it is much more explicet

Regards,

Charles

EmBeZzLeR 22:17 28 May 03

thanks, i will get myself some books. Thanks.

Dr. Charles 02:18 29 May 03

If your broke use the library, they usually have a good selection.

I was unaware you were using linux 8 till that last posting.

Linux is a wonderful world of simplicity once you get setup. I use a separate computer as I don`t trust partitioning on my MS PC. I know loads of people do run both, its just if I do have a crash then its most difficult especially if you have exam results on it and other important information.Enjoy Linux !!!!!

Best wishes ,

Charles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…