Linux question

SonnyB 12:47 14 Jul 09

Could someone please tell me if Linux can run Microsoft Office 2007 please on an Acer Aspire One netbook.

PO79 13:18 14 Jul 09
  DieSse 13:29 14 Jul 09

I've been running Office2000 on Linux, using Crossover.

But now I just run Open Office, which I prefer anyway, and which is installed automatically with most major Linux distros. I run Linux Mint.

I've just installed XP Pro running under VirtualBox in Linux. Haven't had time to play with it yet. Installation totally painless, and at a basic level it definitely works.

BTW I can thoroughly recommend Linux Mint as a distro - based on Ubuntu, but with more facilities added in as standard (plays DVDs right off, for example.)

DieSse 13:30 14 Jul 09

Should have asked - for what specific tasks do you think you need to run Office 2007?

SonnyB 21:30 14 Jul 09

Its simply that I am more familiar with Office 2007 and obviously functionality can be shared with my desktop.

Taff™ 22:37 14 Jul 09

You can alter OO to automatically save and open Microsoft formats such as .doc .xls etc. Tools>Options and in the left hand pane expand the + signnext to Load/Save then click on General. In the right hand pane there are two boxes at the bottom. Match the left box up to 97/XP/2003 in the right box for Documents,spreadsheets and presentations individually. Then everything will be in the same format and readable from whatever OS you are working with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…