Linux Question

woodchip 22:51 20 Aug 03

After creating about 6 coasters, I have managed to extract files from the .ISO images onto three CD's but how do I get it to fire up from DOS? I have changed bios to start from CD but it ignores the number one CD, I know it will boot from CD in DOS as I have done it before with Redmond Linux and Mandrake 8.1 but this as licked me at the moment

woodchip 22:54 20 Aug 03

Redhat 9 onto free space on drive running at mo 98

woodchip 22:54 20 Aug 03

Redhat 9 onto free space on drive running at mo 98

The Sack 22:57 20 Aug 03

Try this click here burn the image with Nero and the lot runs from a bootable CD, no installing, no partitioning, no risk of killing windows or anything.

woodchip 23:01 20 Aug 03

It's Redhat that I whan to load though

woodchip 23:02 20 Aug 03

want not whan

woodchip 23:28 20 Aug 03

I would like to know

TechMad 10:53 21 Aug 03

Does the first RedHat 9 disc that you made just get ejected? I have had a similar problem. Do you have two CD drives though?

TechMad 10:57 21 Aug 03

The Nero software that The Sack suggests allows you to create what is known as a bootable CD. This will start the RedHat 9 installation.

TechMad 11:01 21 Aug 03

Beware Mandrake and Lycoris, I think support the use of a floppy disk to kick start the installation of their linux distributions. However Red Hat's linux doesn't have such a system. So you are limited to getting the CD to work.

If all else fails you can get the three CD's for £2 each excluding delivery at click here

TechMad 11:02 21 Aug 03

Its labeled as Blue Square 9. This is as Red Hat forbids any one to sell downloaded editions of Red Hat under the branding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…