Linux Problems, can anyone help?

Gaz 25 08:19 29 May 05

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with linux, which I just cannot solve.

First of all, realplayer is being a pain. I installed the latest v10 which works fine. Other than, it's choppy sound - and... BBC's radio player that apparently does work ith Linux wont play because HXPLAY or RealPlay cannot be found or something.

I created symlinks to these files, in the plugins directory - but this doesn't work. Apparently one or two people have the same issues.

Furthermore, Graphics are a nighmare and the system can be choppy at times. Installed the default graphics driver for my systsm, a real 256e Onboard chip. However, I don't think it is compatible, so I will be getting a cheap 8x agp card - can anyone suggest any of the Nvidia's that will work? I.E. FX5200 or a GeForce 4 400MX? Mainly just to get the graphics acceptable, not stunning.

Other than that, everything seems pretty much perfect.

Hope someone can shed light on the realplayer issue. I'm using Mandrake and SuSe for daily use, but the same happens on a Debian server box. :-(

Regards,
Gareth Roberts

Gaz 25 08:20 29 May 05

I might as well see if anyone can help me with Squid, as it fails to start it's process?

Do I remember correctly you have to configure it, and create two directories one a log and one a cache and define these before it will let you start the process?

Thanks,
Gareth

alan227 13:18 29 May 05

You will get a faster answer if you go to this forum.
click here

Gaz 25 21:23 29 May 05

Thanks. ;-D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…