Linux Problem

Woof 21:03 28 Sep 04

I have downloaded a purchased copy of SuSE Linux o a dedicated HD and at first attempt everything ran well. After logging off I tried later to run it again and keep getting the following printout in verbose mode (even after completely reloading)and running it in safe mode:-

Login - correct
Password - correct
Have a lot of fun
my [email protected]:~>

What do I do now, I'm getting fedup with Linux. Woof

powerless 21:04 28 Sep 04

Type:

startx

fitcher 21:21 28 Sep 04

i have been using suse linux for a few years with no trouble at all .I always make the password and log in the same .and my surname as root .it keeps things simple . root is used to configure your monitor and hard ware ..I would not recommend useing a downloaded version of linux .but use a bought one .though the one I am using now I got of a linux magazine and it is a full unrestricted version .(some graphics cards can be a problem .and also monitors ).nvidia is recognised ok ,one could go on all day about linux so have to finis ,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…