Linux problem

rent-a-cop 22:21 06 Jan 04

I rebooted my mandrake linux system and upon restart I got the message acpi daemon failed : \proc\acpi\event : no such file or directory.

The shell appears different too, it just says login, not kernel 2.4?? running on i686 etc then login.

Also I cannot log in directly as root as this returns "login incorrect" but if I log in as user and then use "su" I can log into root from there. Any ideas what's wrong?

rent-a-cop 06:44 08 Jan 04

figured this one out, it was cos I had increased the security level to higher. Back to standard and all fixed. I know this is a great forum for hardware and microsoft. But looking at the number of responses above, zero. Are there many linux users here or will I have to find a more dedicated linux forum? Cheers all.

ericmax 09:34 08 Jan 04

Give this place a try they have a dedicated Mandrake forum click here
There are some great linux people on this forum
maybe you were just unlucky this time.

Chegs ® 09:42 08 Jan 04

As stated above,there are some really good Linux users on here,but with Linux being a tad "geeky" often Linux users are able to sort their own probs.I have used several distro's but simply couldn't get my head round it.There are several other sites that can deal specifically with Linux,PCA can get you sorted,but usually by their users offering links to elsewhere. :-)

duckers 10:00 08 Jan 04

What's Linux??... Only joking, I prefer red hat,, I mainly use it for development work and its got a lot of nice tools. so there are linux users here,, just not very often!

Mysticnas 10:19 08 Jan 04

Not geeky i'd say...

I'm not a geek, am i? :o|

I'm really not a geek! trust me i'm.

ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…