Linux pc on Windows Network

Tree3 21:17 17 Sep 03

could i connect a pc with linux mandrake 9.1 to a windows network if i need any special programs could you name them for me

thanx

LastChip 21:33 17 Sep 03

But I'm still working out how to do it!

As I understand it, your Linux machine will be able to see your Windows files, but not visa versa. This is due to the different file formats used by each operating system, and Linux's superior ability to read multi-file formats.

No doubt, someone more knowledgeable in Linux will correct me if that statement is wrong.

I am still trying to resolve, whether you can install Linux on a FAT32 file system, because if that's possible, I guess you could interact totally between machines. However, I have to say, I have not seen that done.

Tree3 20:12 18 Sep 03

hi Lastchip i did find a program that comes with linux if you selected networking called Samba which lets you connect it up to windows networek and you could you wine a program to run windows programs on

Tree3 19:22 19 Sep 03

does anyone no if that is correct???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…