Linux mandrake 9.1 is this one safe

still learning 09:15 07 Nov 03

hi eveveryone,thanks for all the help you give.I have mandrake 9.2 from a magazine, going to dual boot but now read that not to install if I have LG cd rom etc,guess what !! I have. also have mandrake 9.1 but is this one safe. all help as always appreciated. dave--still learning

Chegs ? 09:35 07 Nov 03

Dave,give it a go.It can only fail to install,not likely to damage your hardware,and its fun giving the brain a good workout.

powerless 20:11 07 Nov 03

Be careful what you do as what linux will do is install its own boot loader, which if it goes all right will be great. You just choose Windows or Linux.

But if something does go wrong you you might not be able to boot into linux or even windows.

So you need a boot floppy (98 one) and boot from it.

At the promp type:

fdisk /mbr

You can then have access to windows.

When you come to the partitioning again do not let linux have its way as it will delete Windows. If you have it, let Linux have free sapce.

John-259217 20:28 07 Nov 03

click here for the story on the LG cd problems.

I would check Mandrakes site for further info before trying the install if you think you might be affected by this.

John

woodchip 20:34 07 Nov 03

Best put version 9.1 on, as m73john's link will put the collywobbles on you if you read it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…